1.03.2011

I'm Thankful... Hubby Edition [It is my anniversary after all]

Today I have been married to my best friend for 2 years and we couldn't be happier. As my high school sweet heart, we have been close for a long time. I never want to take advantage of all Drew means to me. Today I am grateful for who He is and what marriage has been like for the two of us!

1] He is the spiritual leader in our household, but he is more than that. He is humble, asking forgiveness when necessary, and challenging me when I need it. I love seeing him get up in front of our church every Sunday and lead in prayer. His heart and passion shows in those few minutes of talking. Jesus is his source of life.
2] Honesty is huge for Drew and even though he has to drag stuff out of me when something is wrong, he always responds with compassion and honesty. I trust him COMPLETELY.
3] He's my best friend. We goof off, pick on, annoy the crap stuffing out of each other. He knows everything about me and I know everything about him. We can sing at the top of lungs in the car, pray right before bed, shoot each other with Nerf guns, and finish each others sentences.
4] Drew is passionate about teenagers and so am I. We love working side-by-side even though it can be stressful, lonely, and exhausting, the fact we are serving our Lord together means the world to me.

5] I love him. Even though he sticks his finger in my arm pit and sometimes smells like rotten diapers an old sneaker. Even though he started a prank war within the first couple months of marriage and has a completely different definition of the word 'clean'. I love my man. A lot.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. awww congrats on two years. you guys make a great couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Anniversary my dear :) Can't believe it's been two years...wasn't it just yesterday we were at Bethany's bridal birthday party??

    ReplyDelete