11.30.2011

Confession

The plumber came. We are still getting quotes but it looks pretty stinkin' grim. My initial reaction when Drew told me the news over the phone at Chuck E Cheese was tears. (Of course, what did you expect from a 32 week pregnant lady! For those of you who forgot, it was almost a year ago exactly that it was raining from our kitchen ceiling due to a bust pipe.)

I wanted to go to a corner and just pray. but I was with two kiddos in Chuck E Cheese.

My next reaction was fix-it mode. How can Drew and I lower our Christmas budget, should we ask for the remainder of our baby needs for Christmas presents so we don't have to purchase them? Should we stay home this weekend instead of going on our much needed over-night getaway this Saturday night... After all, we hear it's really good to get away for a few days before a baby comes, but is that wisest right now?

My mind has been wondering all evening how this delightful rather high bill is for our good. I know it is because my Jesus says it is, but sometimes reasoning is hidden for a time. I'm not a fan of that.

I  got out my journal, bible, and 'Jesus Calling' book at home. I think I have mentioned it before, but it's a pretty good book of reminders! Today's excerpt was the following:

Problems are part of life. They are inescapable: woven into the very fabric of this fallen world. You tend to go into problem-solving mode all too readily, acting as if you have the capacity to fix everything. This is a habitual response, so automatic that it bypasses your conscious thinking. Not only does this habit frustrate you, it also distances you from ME. 
 Do not let fixing things be your top priority. You are ever so limited in your capacity to correct all that is wrong in the world around you. Don't weigh yourself down with responsibilities that are not your own. Instead, make your relationship with Me your primary concern. Talk with Me about whatever is on your mind, seeking MY perspective on the situation. Rather than trying to fix everything that comes to your attention, ask Me to show you what is truly important. Remember that you are en route to heaven, and let your problems fade in the light of eternity.

Psalm 32:8 - I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with My eye.
Luke 10:41&42 - And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha,, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things, But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."
Philippians 3:20&21 - For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

Wow. Way to slap me back into perspective. It's true though. I freak out about money and want to find ways to fix it... I think in that way I often limit my Jesus from showing up and doing something great, even if that is simply teaching me a life lesson.

I KNOW my Jesus is good. I KNOW He will supply all of my needs. I KNOW it will be in His perfect timing. Because He says so. In the mean time, I wait, & stay connected to what He is telling me to do, not what I think I need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment