11.22.2011

My Dear Bethany


 I've known Bethany since I was in kindergarten. I was in the same grade as her older brother, but carpooled with their family to hang out with her. I am not going to lie, I didn't always treat her the best. :) We were tight friends, and I may have taken advantage of the fact she was younger than me, and she did what I said, because she loved me. I know I know, me, bossy?? never! HA!

 We spent hours upon hours at each others houses, playing barbies, skating outside, eating her mommas yummy monster cookies or her dad's delicious enchiladas. When she moved to Baltimore, it didn't stop us from making time from each other. I would spend a week at a time up there living with their family. I'm a fan of every. single. one. of. them.

 Bethany is one of those forever friends. A friend where nothing would change in our relationship if we hung out every day or didn't see each other for months at a time. Well, she got married this past weekend, to an amazing man that loves God as much as Bethany does.


 Drew actually told me on the way home from the wedding, that you can tell whether a couple loves God more than each other based on their wedding. He said that although he has had very few conversations with Nick, and not many more with Bethany, that this wedding was one of those weddings.
He is right. Nick and Bethany will make it for the long haul, because they love God more than each other. You can see it in their future plans, their desires and passions. They absolutely love each other, there is no doubt about that, but they love God even more. I couldn't be happier for my forever friend to be married to this man of God, and I was thrilled to be a part of her special day! (So was Peyton! :))






No comments:

Post a Comment