11.18.2011

Dear life, [49]

please. slow. down.

As you have already seen from previous posts, it was a busy weekend. Well, it hasn't slowed down.

Monday, after working all day, we had our first Lamaze class. It was pretty informative, I think we will enjoy it. Drew is big about soaking in as much information as possible so that's helpful. I then headed home to finish multiple homework assignments that were due by mid-nights. Don't judge, it's been crazy, oh and I hate am not a fan of philosophy.

Tuesday, I was finally able to get adequate sleep. I've been sick for about 10 days now, and was actually up til 1 coughing like crazy. Thankfully I was able to sleep well once I fell asleep. I woke up, did some housework, and headed to meet Drew at church at 1:30. We had our Diabetes Care class from 2-4 where I received my meter and met with a Dietitian. I'm very optimistic that I can handle this, all I want is a healthy baby at the end!  We went to Toys R Us and Wal-mart to return a couple things we got duplicates of at our shower.  (Side-note: Wal-mart now does not let you return things without a receipt unless you buy something to exchange it right then. They will no longer give you a gift card to use later... DUMB) We grabbed a quick dinner and then headed to a baby care class from 6:30 - 9. It was pretty informative, and Drew feels more comfortable with some of the basics. He hasn't been around a ton of babies. The RN was in-depth and gave us a lot of good information. We then headed home to watch the Duke game and then bed! Talk about information overload! phew.... long day! Definitely qualifies as a date day though!

Wednesday I came home from work and Drew was putting together all things baby. The pack-n-play is together, high chair, car-seat, and monitors are out of their boxes... I starting taking tags off of clothes. It was fun taking a few minutes to think about our boy and his coming arrival! I made dinner, he went to church, we caught up on some snuggle/ tv watching. There are several new shows out we have been getting hooked on. It's definitely our down-time ritual. I'll have to do a post on some of our favorites, but Wednesday night it was New Girl and The Middle. 

Thursday my goal was to accomplish as much homework and cleaning as possible. It's one of the only days I have to work on it... yikes! Bible study that night.

This weekend is jammed packed with wonderful wedding festivities for me, and Fast for the Valley for Drew and the youth group. My friend since kindergarten, Bethany, is getting married and I am so excited to be a part of her big day! She is marrying a wonderful man and I just know God has great things prepared for them! More to come on that when it happens! ;)

Dear life, please. slow. down.


1 comment:

  1. Did you meet with Kate Jones? She is an excellent dietitian if you did. I'm sure you got a lot of great information, but if you even feel the need to ask a RD a question, I am here for ya!!

    ReplyDelete