1.13.2012

Doctor Visit

Well I went to the Dr. again. I have been going every week since before Thanksgiving because of the diabetes. I'll definitely be glad when it's over! They are doing NSTs (Non-Stress Tests) every week to make sure that Peyton isn't in any distress due to the meds I'm on. So far they all have been fine. My Strep B test came back negative which is nice to not have to deal with that during labor. I am not dilated at all yet. My stomach is back to measuring big. (It's supposed to measure they same as the week you are on. 36cm = 36 weeks..) I'm not quite 38 weeks according to my Dr but measuring 39cm. He decided he is going to do a Sonogram next week to measure Peyton's weight. I think I've mentioned that an issue with gestational diabetes is that the baby could be bigger which causes complications with delivery and possible hypertension or other things after birth. I'm so blessed to have a Dr I trust so I know I can rest easy that he is monitoring the best he can and will do whatever is necessary. There was talk of induction, if the baby is big or my sugars aren't where they should be. He said he would talk about that in my 39th week, but only if there is some progress towards labor (dilation). He doesn't think it would help things if my body isn't ready, it would just put me through a lot of drugs and days in the hospital before Peyton came. My sugars are a little off this week. It was kinda disappointing because last week was great! I'm not eating any differently so it's frustrating when they are high, but Dr. m still doesn't seem too concerned since my fastings are always good. Oh well, a couple weeks at the most and this baby will be in my arms... YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment