1.23.2012

God's Perfect Time

Since finding out on Thursday that my induction would be this Wednesday, I have had a vast variety of different emotions wash over me. While I feel extremely prepared, [well as prepared as one can be having her first child] the unknown is also scary. There are just some things in life, that no matter how many classes you take or advice you get, you can't fully know what to expect until you yourself experience it. I definitely feel like this is one of those things. My nerves are here, probably to stay. I had a sleepless night on Friday but thankfully Saturday and Sunday nights I slept great! Drew keeps reminding me

"do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." (Phil. 4:6)

I love that simply stopping right when he says that, and praying, makes all the difference in the world.

What am I wondering/worrying/contemplating these days? I think any mother knows the answer to that. How labor will go. Will my baby be okay. You know, the basics. ;) I think the biggest thing for me though, is the thought of  our family moving from two to three.

 "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God" - Corrie Ten Boom

Don't get me wrong, I have prayed and am SO thrilled to be having Peyton. I truly believe God has called me to be a mom and I am so looking forward to my time cherishing this precious boy.

That being said, those of you that know me know that I am extremely in love with my husband. I am jealous of my time with him. We have been best friends/together for 8 years. (Well, February 1st it will be 8 years.) He is an amazing husband and I know he is going to make an amazing dad. There is just a little anxiety in my heart that I have to share him. ;) Adjustments. Unknowns. It's unfamiliar territory and I'm simply proceeding with caution. Praying that God will give me twice the love I have for Drew now so I can share it, because lets get real, I'm not going to start loving Drew less. ;)

I am in awe of the miracles that have come in my life. The fact I do love my husband, to some, is a miracle. The fact I am about to have a baby, is a miracle. The fact God has entrusted me with both... to love unconditionally, take care of selflessly, and pray for continually, is a miracle. I'm humbled and overwhelmed at the task before me. I'm also giddy and have butterflies with how wonderfully my life is about to change.

This is what I know:

I am about to have a baby boy that will need everything from me. Love, care, shelter, food, and knowledge of Jesus.

I have a husband that has been great throughout this pregnancy. Helpful, supportive, sacrificial, and super excited about loving this baby.

I have a God who knows every detail of my life - past and present. He knows what lies ahead this week, He knows that I can handle it because He does not give us things we cannot handle. My God has conquered the grave, and will give me the power to do everything I need to do... and when I don't feel like I can do something... maybe, just maybe, I don't need to do it. I.E. - having a spotless house, pleasing everyone, ultimately being 'super mom'.

I have an amazing support system that loves me, Drew and Peyton already. Their thoughts, prayers, and help - even before Peyton's birth day - have been the encouragement and strength that I have needed, and will need in the future! 

So yes, while I know there are many adjustments ahead. While I know that the unknown is scary. Thankfully I don't have to worry or be anxious. Because my God already knows. and HE knows I'm ready.

"This new season looms and I don't know what is next. But He doesn't need me to be ready for this season because HE. IS. READY. He just needs me to be clinging to His feet. Now. Is God's perfect time." - Katie Davis 
(Wednesday's blog-post from this girl was just what I needed. You should head over to The Journey and read it for yourself if you are finding yourself in a new season of life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment