1.19.2012

An End in Sight

Drew and I headed to our VERY LONG Doctor's appointment this afternoon. It went well and there is in fact an end in sight to being pregnant. YAY!!

1:30 - NST went well, he as usual took his sweet time but showed us that the placenta was doing its job and Peyton is a happy little boy in there.

2:30 - Ultrasound  was fun. :) I loved seeing our little man. We had one to check his weight, and it showed he was 8 pounds 3 ounces... give or take a pound. They can't be too specific due to him being scrunched up, but it's a ballpark number! He is a cutie and had his lips puckered up, which could mean oh so many things! ;)

3:30ish we saw Dr. M. He said my sugars look decent... not great but they could definitely be worse. I'm trying, I really am! ;) He checked for progress and *heads up, TMI for some of you* I'm about a fingertip. Meaning, not much progress, but better than nothing. ;)

He then explained that he is hoping there will be some progress between now and next week, buuuuttt if there isn't I have another appointment on Tuesday. If there has been some progress I will go to the hospital at 10AM Wednesday morning (that's when Dr. M is on call, and we would definitely prefer to have him deliver our baby) for an induction! If I haven't had any progress, I will go in the hospital Tuesday night for Cervadill which is a drug that will help ripen the cervix. Then I will already be there and hopefully ready by Wednesday morning for the Potocin. Obviously, I would rather not have the drugs, so prayers for my labor to start on my own are appreciated. BUT I also know that they don't let pregnant women with diabetes go past their due date, and I'd rather have the meds than a c-section later. Sooo.... yay for having an end in sight!!

1 comment:

  1. I had the cervidil-it's not bad-just makes the cramping & contractions begin-Woohoo for labor! Can't wait to hear all about how it goes. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete