1.07.2012

good-byes are never easy, but...

This week my great grandma(on the left) went to be with Jesus. Mamaw Honaker was such a wonderful grandma who gave great hugs and loved when you spent time with her, even if it was just swinging on the porch swing together. It was hard to say good-bye, but she was in pain and confused on this earth so we were grateful that now she isn't! It is always hard saying good-bye, but I am so relieved that because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross, we will be together again! Christ conquered death, and when we accept that fact we too will be with Him one day in heaven. What a wonderful day that will be. For now, both of my Mamaws are up there, probably relaxing with their husbands. I was really hoping that they would have been able to meet Peyton, but I just know that because of the influences both Mamaws had in the lives of me and my family members, Peyton will one day understand all Jesus has done for us and as a result will meet his Mamaws in heaven. I am so thankful that their devotion to Jesus has resulted in a godly heritage and place for my son to grow up in as well.
 

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet Hon...and true! I know you know, but you (and Peyton) have such a special heritage in your grandparents. Thank you for putting it in writing. I love you Darlin...

    ReplyDelete