10.04.2010

Catching up, praising God, no dates. :(

Where to begin. This past week has been so CRAZY busy so I'm just going to try to recap a little of it.

Last week my friend Lo (Lauren) and I went on a drive down to Winston-Salem to see my sister and Audrey. It was a gorgeous day, a great day for a drive, chat, singing, and outlet shopping! :) Katie, Lo, Audge and I headed down to do a little shopping. It was exhausting and relaxing at the same time. I quite enjoyed some time with my niece, including riding the carousel with her (her first time)!

I am distraught to inform you all that we FAILED for our date last week. I had one night set aside, we did eat dinner, but the rest of the night included Drew watching TV/video games and me working on schoolwork. NOT fun. but necessary. :(

Friday, Katie and Audrey came in town for Audrey's birthday party with the Farmer's. Unfortunately I already had a ticket for the Extraordinary Women's conference. So, I brought the kids over to mom's Friday afternoon so I could spend some time with them. It was relaxing and fun watching the kids play! What could be more fun than watching a 3, 2, and 1 year old play on a gorgeous afternoon! :)


Friday evening I headed to the Roanoke Civic Center with Starr and Lo for some laughter, encouragement, worship, and a concert by Mercy Me. Starr and I spent the night at Lo's, where we watched boy meets world, got a hair cut, and stayed up way to late, or I guess early... The next morning we headed back to the conference WAY too early, for amazing women, and men to talk to us, challenge us with our relationships with God! We also tried to meet my new favorite author, Karen Kingsbury, but that didn't happen. Oh Well! Oh, we walked downtown to eat yummy food. Alejandro's was good, but the service stunk. We were very disappointed...

Oh, but Saturday didn't end there. We headed to a 7 o'clock Liberty football game. Drew was down-right giddy to see the expansion finished. Evidently the blog pictures and details he has been seeing all summer is not enough! :) Steven, Lo, Drew, Starr and I headed to Lynchburg where LU kicked butt! It was so much fun! I am starting to enjoy the games with the cheering, talking, seeing friends I don't see much, and everything else! So although I went through the weekend with little sleep, it sure was worth it!

Now for what I'm grateful for... I think this post shows a huge amount of reasons I am beyond blessed, but here are a few more.

  1. being encouraged by so many wonderful women, who have struggled but relied on God and grew stronger as a result.
  2. sleep!
  3. having a husband that loves me and helps me out around the house
  4. God. the fact he is so powerful and yet still has time for Kari Hunsley in little ol' Roanoke, Virginia
  5. fall weather, and clothes that keep me warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment