10.05.2010

Fear

Whenever someone talks about being afraid, I have a hard time relating to them. If they were to say they were worried, I would know exactly what they meant but I never really thought about being scared. I guess one could confuse the two. Yes, movies can scare me, but I'm not afraid to be home alone, not afraid of the dark or of robbers.

As I have been thinking about fear more lately I've decided that is exactly what I am in some areas of my life, AFRAID. I'm afraid of losing someone close to me through death, especially Drew. He is my best friend and I can honestly say I DO NOT know what I would do without him. We minister together, play games together, share memories, cry, laugh, struggle, and grow, together. God has abundantly blessed me to have him, and it would be terrifying to lose him. I have some other fears, things I struggle with that I never really took that to mean I was afraid of them. I might share those with you one day, but today is not that day.

This weekend was about having peace and a hope. Again, something I thought I was full of, until I related my struggles to fear. The key verse was:

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

If you don't think that is comforting, I don't know what could. I can have hope, no matter how bad circumstances could be, as long as my focus is the POWER God has and not the WEAKNESS I possess.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you, O Israel: I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned. Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God.... Since you were precious in My sight, You have been honored, and I have loved you; Therefore I will give men for you, and people for your life."

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation. His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

With promises like these, how can we live any way but peaceful, no matter how great or horrible our circumstances are??? That is my prayer, not just for today but for my life. Even though nothing horrible (by the world's standards) is going on close to me, those times will come. I pray that I will always come out stronger because I allow Christ to use me, instead of falling back in fear.

Isaiah 43:1-4; Jeremiah 29:11-13; 1 Peter 2:9; 5:6&7

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I love you. And I'm so happy God used the conference to teach you something so significant and incredible. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see my friends grow! : )

    ReplyDelete