12.20.2010

Dates #23 - Christmas Time is Here

Shesh there is a lot going on right now! We have had many busy weeks with parties and finishing school! I think several of the below activities could count as quality time with my man. It is so nice having someone with you around the holidays! I am pretty grateful for him!

SamShe's Birthday 
Drew and I, along with some good friends, drove up to Covington to celebrate SamShe's Birthday. I love her a lot, and although we don't see each other much, when we do it's great! Her husband is also a youth pastor, so it is so encouraging to not be alone in this crazy field of ministry!


First Baptist
My cousins Riley, Macy, and Chris, along with my uncle Joe were in a Christmas play at First Baptist Church. It was definitely not your average Christmas program, but it was great! I loved all the music, and they pointed out a few things I hadn't noticed before.

- One of the characters was a manger. He was talking about how he used to hold Jesus as a baby. He loved and cherished Jesus and was important in the story of Jesus' birth. Then he found out he was also the one that held Jesus on the cross when he was dying. (His name was Woody). How often do we do this? Think about it. We cherish Jesus. We hold Him tight and are in Awe of who he is. Then, we ridicule Him. Whether by a lack of time spent with Him, or rejecting Him towards others, we reject Him. And yet His love never changes. That is pretty awesome, great, indescribable if you think about it.

- The other scene I was in awe of was how they had the crucifixion/resurrection scene and people were dressed in 'bible time' clothes but also street clothes we wear today. What a cool picture of how Christ didn't just give His life for those He knew then, but for those He knows today. He thought of ME on that cross. and He died because of that love he has.


Cooking with Silers
We didn't end up making anything edible, but it was nice being able to hang out with them a little. :)


Snow Day
I LOVE snow days. :) Despite the fact I spent it with annoying fans all through my house that are drying out the walls and carpets, it was pretty relaxing. The usual got accomplished: sleeping in, laundry, watching TV, and then we had some visitors. Last year, Drew and I went to save Starr from the snowstorm. Who would want to spend several days alone in a house when you could spend it with me ?? :) This year she came by with Wes (a new friend) and kept us company. Talking with friends in a warm house is a great way to spend the afternoon. We were pretty disappointed that the snow wasn't great snowman weather, maybe next time.

Skillet Concert
Drew took the teens to the Skillet concert. Although, I took Becca and Mckinsey a couple hours early to get good seats and then found out that we had reserved seats, it was still good quality time with them. I really do enjoy hanging out with them, and wish we could do more! They are some great girls, with big hearts to do what's right. When you, my few blog readers biggest fans, think about it, please pray for our youth. Not just at Oakland Baptist, but everywhere. It is amazing what they deal with these days and the pressure they have to act a certain way.





House Update
Oh the stories. This week has been so up and down when it comes to the 'wet disaster.' There have been ServePro guys and insurance people in and out getting quotes and trying to dry out everything. When I came home yesterday, my kitchen ceiling was 2/3 gone, and dry wall downstairs gone as well. There are still lots of loud obnoxious fans blowing around so I definitely will be anxious for peace and quite. Thankfully, Insurance wrote us a check, and we get to choose who we get to do the work. That means we should be okay having family over for Christmas.Assuming the fans are gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment