12.07.2010

Happenings in This Head of Mine

 1) I think you all have gathered that Drew is obsessed with enjoys playing Frisbee golf.  Well, his friend Steven and he went to Martinsville on Saturday to play in the Chili Bowl Disc Golf Tournament. Yes that's right. They played in the freezing cold, with snow. BUT HE GOT THIRD PLACE!! :) I'm so proud.
2) The first snow of the season was Saturday and it gave me warm fuzzies inside. For real, snow makes me smile despite the freezing temperature! Drew even got me with a snowball and all I could do was laugh.
2)Drew and I went to Scrooge on Saturday with Starr and Wes and had a blast! I have been so bogged down with school that I feel like I never get to relax for a whole evening, let alone go out and relax. There are always time crunches. Not Saturday, I was determined to work all afternoon so the evening could be relaxing. Even though I have seen Scrooge multiple times, it always puts me in the Christmas spirit.

It makes me want to sing and eat and spend time with friends. It makes me think about the little things and how presents really aren't that important. It also makes me think about how I am treating others and what I can do to make them more loved and comfortable.

Anywho, we went to Carrabba's for some yummy food. It could have quite literally killed me, seeing as there were garlic cloves all through it, but it was delicious! :) I enjoyed meeting Starr's friend Wes and again just relaxing in good company. We always watched the rest of the Tech game with Steven and Lauren but I didn't really care too much for the game. They won though so 'Whoo Hoo'. I guess that's what I'm supposed to say.

3) I experienced today how HORRIBLE testing while driving can be. I watched it happen. This girl was moving oober slow in the far left lane of 581. So I got in the middle lane and when I passed her I saw her phone, sitting on the top of the wheel. I watched her occasionally look up at the road. Yeah you heard me. She didn't glance at her phone when she needed to check something, she glanced at the road to make sure she wasn't about to die. I watch in horror as she inches into my lane. I speed up to miss her, and notice her looking up and drifting back into her lane. How can you be that close to an accident, that close to being so careless, and not even realize it?? It made me a tad bit tense. Along with having a grandma cut me off. Sheesh people!

4) I love so many aspects of the holidays. Today, while perusing the mall with Kylee, I noticed that people were genuinely happy. I love that you can count on people being cheery around the holidays. Salespeople chat more, people actually notice when you are trying to hold the door while pushing a stroller and holding lots of bags, and do something about it. That doesn't happen most of the time. :( It also made me sad to think that people are being happy because of the holidays, but what part? Is it because they get time off work? Are they going to see family or getting the latest gadget? I get to be genuinely happy all year round because of what my Jesus did for me after he was born in Bethlehem. I get to look forward to every day of my life because I know He made it for a reason and I get the privilege of being about of that reason. I so wish that people could see that joy to the world, is not just a Christmas thing. He CAME and therefore we can be joyful. ALWAYS. No matter what!!!

5) I'm almost done with my semester!! Boy am I jumping up and down!! I gave my research speech last night which was what I was dreading the most this year. I was a little nervous for the sole reason that I wasn't nervous. It should have been my hardest speech but I was so at peace about it. That my friends, is a result of prayer. Now I feel like anything else will be easy. Although if I keep procrastinating...

6) Speaking of prayer, that is definitely what God is teaching me lately. He hears me, you want to know why? Because he is right beside me. The knowledge that God is here no matter what I face good or bad, great or small, He is here. He promises never to leave or forsake me. Since I have been really grasping that on a whole new level, my prayer life has been better. I feel like I am in a more constant connection with God. I used to relate that to my friend Starr. She is a texter. She loves texting randomly whether they are quotes, or a song she just heard, or something hilarious that just happened to here. It doesn't matter, but it's random and brightens my day. Well, I feel like that is how I am with God more. It doesn't have to be a long conversation. I can simply say "God this sunset proves your awesomeness, thanks" or "God my friend is taking a test right now please be with her" or simply singing a song from the radio and meaning the words. They all are ways we can communicate and show our love to Him. It's a pretty good feeling to be on Christ's heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment