12.06.2010

Date #22 - Boring Christmas Trees and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!


Due to the horrible bug that attacked my family last week, Drew and I had to post-pone decorating for Christmas. Although we got out last Sunday to shop for two quick gifts since there were sales going on, we didn't feel like decorating when we got home.


So I anxiously patiently waited until THURSDAY, when we both had the full evening free, to get out all our Christmas goodies. We stuck in a Christmas Classic DVD that Drew gave me last year, and got to work.

I may be just plain dumb (I am according to the cracker barrel game, but hey, that thing is hard unless you are like Drew and have read the secret), but I was actually kinda sad that we have a fake, prelit tree. It makes decorating a tree go by SO fast. I'm definitely not used to that. Maybe next year will string some popcorn so it will take longer. Ha Ha yea right, Drew would die if popcorn was on our tree. He is all about the white lights with simple ornaments, not too cluttered. Poor deprived child, doesn't know that colored blinking lights, with strings of beads, popcorn, homemade paper and baked ornaments belong on a Christmas tree... along with a colored, VERY tacky star. What ever happened to that star???.... oh wait, and tinsel! Moving on.

I guess I will just have to pray one day I am blessed with several baby girls that have their daddy wrapped around their finger so they can say, "But I made that hideous beautiful ornament at school JUST FOR YOU! We have to have it on the tree" and "But we love seeing colored lights, it makes us SO happpy. We promise we'll be good if we can have them [insert adorable faces here]" Yea, that is the only way I will get my version of a perfect Christmas tree back. I may have to persuade them of my way of thinking, but I can do it. :) Since that will be years from now, it is a pretty tree even though it took 2.7 seconds to put up.

We did have an enjoyable evening, and those classic movies are fun. Especially when you have a husband quoting them and getting excited that one of them looks like Thomas Frankie. I felt sorry for poor rudolph and his mis-fit friends. It's just a mean, mean world out there. I would probably find a loud, bright red nose pretty handy... or not.

Oh, and in case you were dying in anticipation to who exactly Thomas Frankie looked like. It was Yukon Cornelius. Just so you know. 



4 comments:

  1. That is sooo THOMAS!! Uncanny :)

    Also, I'm so sorry about your poor little sad "classy" tree. That's all I can say because my heart hurts if I dwell too long...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This post made me laugh! Drew is so much like Mark! He has to have every ornament "just so" and the tree "balanced" and doesn't want the colored lights, either. I grew up with the tacky but colorful and full of memories tree :) The girls are working on him already, though, because he had to let them help put the ornaments on the tree :) And he had fun, although he just might have moved a few of them after they went to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys survived the stomach bug. Yucky! I hate that. On a happier note, the tree looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete