4.14.2011

Satan Has No Control

How many times do we as Christians struggle to ask for forgiveness. I have talked to several friends and we all agree that there are sometimes we just don't want to ask God for forgiveness. It has nothing to do with us thinking we don't need it, and everything to do with being ashamed.

Ashamed to go to a perfect God, and admit (silly us, he already knows) that we screwed up. again. I hate that feeling but I have had it several times. That knowing that you need to make things right with God because yet again, you've failed. I feel like I don't deserve His forgiveness. I don't want God to let me off that easy to where, I neglect Him and yet He still longs for me to come back to Him. 
Last Sunday we were singing "Before the Throne of God Above" and a few of the lyrics really touch my heart. Read them slowly.
When Satan tempts me to despair, And tells me of the guilt within, Upward I look, and see him there Who made an end of all my sin. Because a sinless Savior died, My sinful soul is counted free; For God, the Just, is satisfied To look on Him and pardon me
Satan uses guilt. He wants us to stay far from the Savior as long as possible. But He doesn't have control over us. We are free from the bondage of sin. It has no reign over us. So don't let Satan make us think it does!
God has pardoned me. He has died a horrible death because He wants me. He wants me to be with Him. He wants me to come to Him with praise, hurts, and yes, even failures. Once I am in His hands, NOTHING can separate us from His love. Because it is unceasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment