4.25.2011

Victory Comes While Praising

2 Chronicles 20 discusses Jehoshaphat the King figuring out how to defeat a vast army... He starts by saying "Listen... thus says the Lord:'Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God's.  Tomorrow go against them... You will not need to fight in this battle. Position yourselves, stand still and see the salvation of the Lord, who is with you. Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, for the Lord is with you.'"

So they rose early and went out into the wilderness... Jehoshaphat stood and said,"Hear me, believe in the Lord your God and you shall be established; believe His prophets and you shall prosper." 

Jehoshaphat then divided his people between those who "should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of the holiness, as they went out before the army the sang "Praise the Lord, for His mercy endures forever!"

While they were singing and praising the Lord, the Lord set ambushes against their enemy, and they were defeated.

So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.

Victory comes while praising.

When we are lost and confused. When we don't know what to do or how to pray about a situation. Start praising our Savior.

"Praising God is a way of trust." We have to set aside all of our fears and troubles of this world and look to God. Only God. That is where the battle was won.

Today I praise God that:
116- I only have 3 weeks of school left
117- I have a husband who likes me. :)
118- My Savior wraps me in His arms and holds me tight, through the best and worst times of my life
119- I no longer have headaches due to my heavy hair, because it's gone!
120- Audrey is my niece, her sweet and hilarious nature make me giddy with happiness
121- Owen is my nephew, his smiles make me want to never let him go.
122- the pollen seems to have diluted a tad since I'm not overly stuffy this week... knock on wood.
123- there is a possibility for starting a new small group at our house with friends.
124- phone calls from Mandy make me rejoice over the wonderful friendships I have, near and far
125- reeses peanut butter eggs are a part of my life... sigh pure deliciousness
126 - that I have to work hard for things that I love. The fact I can fight for what's right and God is right there helping me, makes me grateful.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your list...everything from your niece and nephew to Reese's peanut butter eggs. I've never tried peanut butter eggs..but they sound delish! Good luck with finishing school and blessings to you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gift to have a husband that likes you! lol Fighting for what is right and having HIM beside you all along... what a fantastic gift! Beautiful list! :)

    ReplyDelete