4.01.2011

Is grace enough?

Oh Karen, how I have missed reading your books. Thank you for reaching me an amazing truth about our creator while reading your book. I love how God uses many very separate avenues to bring about a common theme that I need to understand better.

Many times we ask God for miracles. So often we have specific miracles in mind though. We think that God should heal that sick family member, or give that person a promotion, or keep those that are in dangerous situations safe. We may want our child to love God with all that we have and grow up to be  a pastor or missionary or doctor. Thankfully, God has a way clearer picture of how all things work together for good. You see he may choose to let that family member die, or allow someone to lose their job. Do we still trust Him when that is His decision??

Karen pointed out a great passage in 1 Kings about Elijah having a hard time. So God said that he would make himself known to him. So there was fire, but God was not there. There was a gust of wind, but God was not found in the wind either. Then there was a still small voice. That is where God was. We so often look for God to be in the huge accomplishments or amazing things in life, that we overlook the daily whispers of God. We don't recognize that Jesus is in your child learning a memory verse, or someone understanding God a little more during a conversation you have with them. We don't see God in the years of health that we do have, we just feel like He isn't there when things go wrong.

I have been thinking a lot about being grateful for the little things God gives us. He doesn't owe us anything. My friend Rebecca's fiance said something the other day that will probably be with me a long time. He said that when someone argues that God isn't there, say "shhhhhhhhh we don't want God to be fair." Think about that. Do you really want our powerful creator of the universe to be fair and give us what we deserve?? Then maybe we all should start being a little more thankful in the little things that He does....

I have also been studying Galatians. In chapter 2 verse 21, Paul states that " I do not set aside the grace of God..." I admit that I fail to acknowledge the massive amount of grace that my God lavishes on me. often. If He never gave me my desires, He still is worthy of my praise because he is a gracious God. My praise should be without ceasing due to that fact alone. 

Are we still enough to hear His whisper... see His constant hand on our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment