11.14.2010

All American Girl

Friday night I was able to experience my first country concert. I know I know, I have been a country music fan forever, but I have never been a huge concert goer. I believe that is changing... Anyway, I went to the Carrie Underwood concert with some great friends! As I was sitting through the first two acts ( Sons of Sylvia and Billy Currington) I was thinking about how different it was from my normal christian concert. I leaned over to Lauren and mentioned how weird it was to not stand up and praise God. Usually when I'm in a big crowded environment I'm singing worship with people. I let go of that thought as Carrie started. She was a really good performer, and I quite enjoyed her swinging through the air, and also the flying truck. ;) About halfway through the concert, she sings her hit "Jesus take the wheel" and at the end, sings "How great thou art" A Capella. Between that, and her song "temporary home" I was able to spend those minutes praising God and thanking him for being great. I was also able to think of my grandma and how we are all just passing through this world on our way to eternity with Him. I admire Carrie for being firm in her believes and keeping priorities in her concerts!!
The next day my grandma was talking about how Mamaw's favorite song was "How great thou art" and wanted it sung at her funeral... It's too bad Carrie had to leave, it sure would have been nice of her to come sing for us. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment