11.05.2010

Fall happenings

Here are a few of my favorite fall things. :)
Several weekends ago (my birthday weekend to be exact), Drew and I headed to Camp Tuk A Way to Lakeside Baptist's youth retreat. This is a retreat we both went to for years. The difference was that we were the 'guests of honor.' Drew was asked to be the speaker for the weekend, and although it was weird to think about being old enough to do such a thing, it was a blast!! Drew and I were able to catch up with old friends and be encouraged by the great God-things that are being done in Lakeside's youth group.This chica is a favorite. Getting hugs from her all weekend made me very happy.
Samshe and I went on a walk under the stars. It was so encouraging to talk about what God is doing with someone who I not only love dearly, but who is also in the same life situations that I am! Our feet were freezing and soaked, but the fire fixed that problem!
Some of the kids I grew up with, plus some husbands :)
I'm a big fan of this couple :)

This girl came in from liberty just to see me. Okay,not really, but I'm glad I saw her face!


Pumpkin Carving is another favorite! :) Carrie Wampler has NEVER carved a pumpkin and that was just appalling to me. So the Wamplers, Silers and Hunsleys got together for some baked spaghetti, birthday cake, pumpkin carving, and thhhheeennnn we played the newlywed game. It's kinda lame and the questions are sooooo random but it was a lot of fun! Drew and I kicked butt too. :)


We had our fall festival at Oakland last Saturday. We had a good turnout and saw lots of adorable kiddos. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment