11.09.2010

OWEN IS HERE!!!

My stomach is fluttery. Do you want to know why? Because my nephew Owen has been here for 3 hours and I have yet to see him. I am babysitting my wonderful niece Audrey so Nay Nay, dad and obviously mom, can be with Owen. Which has been great. We woke up and played around the house, had some eggs and pickles for breakfast. ;) Then we packed up and headed for chuck e cheese where Audrey and I partied like is was 2009. The kid hasn't lived long, so she doesn't know how to party like any other time. ;) Anywho, did you know that Chucke knows the Cupid Shuffle?? He does because he had all the kids come up and dance with him to win tickets. Audrey and I rocked, I'm just sayin'. After all of that exhaustion, we headed home for a nap, (A, not me, I had homework to do). About the time that Audrey was just whimpering/fighting sleep but failing, I get a phone call..

OWEN TYLER NAFF IS HERE!!!
Born at 2:00 PM
November 9,2010
9 lbs 4 oz.

To quote my friend Starr's response when I texted her the news, "yesssss! FAT BABIES ARE THE BESTEST!" It's true, I was one of them, but not when I was born. So after getting this wonderful news I now have to wait until Audrey wakes up from her nap to go see her brother. Of course I am so grateful to be able to do this wonderful deed of watching my niece for Katie, but OH MY GOODNESS IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!! I'm not a patient person if you can't tell. So instead of having a couple hours to do homework and be grateful Audrey takes long naps; I am fidgeting and procrastinating and blogging... because who can focus on school work when there is a perfectly, wonderful, healthy, handsome baby boy 5 miles away waiting on his Auntie WiWi to hold him..?? not me.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Did you and Audrey win tickets for doing the cupid shuffle?
    2. Audrey sure does know how to party like it's 2009.
    3. I saw Drew at fishburn playing frisbee golf on my way home this afternoon.
    4. Owen couldn't have picked a more perfect time to come, and for that reason I already know he is going to be a easy baby.
    5. CONGRATS KATIE! (That was for Katie, but congrats to you as well on being a second time aunt to a first time nephew).
    6. I agree that fat babies are indeed the bestest.
    7. I can't wait to see him!!! And you!!! Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY!!! Hope you got to see him soon :) I agree that fat babies are undoubtedly the happiest -- Karis was overdue and big as well and so much easier than Karlie who was a week early :) So excited for all of you!!!! Please post lots of pics when you get the chance because I know Katie will be too tired to do it :)

    ReplyDelete