9.23.2010

Date #14 - Alabama!

REFUGE

Drew and I were very blessed to go to a youth pastor conference in Birmingham Alabama. The conference is called Refuge and it was just that, a wonderful getaway to worship and find refuge in Christ without all of the responsibilities that come with most conferences! It was a long drive but we enjoyed it by singing, talking about what God was teaching us, studying for my tests, and sleep. :) Kristian Stanfill lead in music on Monday night and Tuesday morning and it was wonderful! He is really talented! We all know Chris Tomlin is talented and we were blessed to have him on Tuesday night! :)

Louie Giglio was supposed to preach but his mom died so we had David Platt two times and Tony Mirida once. They were both definitely used by God to teach us!! We had Tuesday during the day free. We ate lunch at Johnny Rockets where I had a scrumptious Chocolate Peanut Butter (maybe the best EVER!)!! We thought about hiking, shopping, going to a movie, etc but we ended up going to the hotel and relaxing! Hours of reading for me and computer games for Drew, took place and it was MARVELOUS! :)

I am definitely thankful for an amazing time of worship, conviction, rest, and time with my amazing husband!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a great trip. Love you love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you got to go to Birmingham. Sigh. Its been over 10 years since I've been there. Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete