9.22.2010

We have an incomprehensibly great God!

WE HAVE AN INCOMPREHENSIBLY GREAT GOD

This was one of the points from the getaway conference Drew and I went to. I'll tell you more details about it later but I wanted to share my thoughts about it.

It's been my experience that people tend to lean towards one characteristic of God or another. Some are completely in awe of how Holy He is. They don't feel deserving of anything they receive from Him, but instead just marvel at the magnitude of who He is. On the other hand, some people understand more about Jesus and the human relationship of Him. They want to treat Him as a friend, a comforter and Father.

Both sides of God are very real and important to comprehend, but as Drew and I were talking the other night, we realized we are very different in our thinking of who He is. I see Him as my Father. One who I can talk to and who will love me unconditional and always be there for me. Drew sees Him as extremely Holy. He is in awe of the hugeness of God. That is why Drew has a hard time just sitting down and spending time with Him. He is so focused on How BIG He is, where as I tend to belittle God too much. I bring Him down to my level and forget the reverence and awe that I should have that I get to even come into His presence!

Monday night David Platt spoke on the Holiness of God and I was soaking it up! Have you ever heard of Seraphim? They are beautiful angels that spend their time praising God. They sing:

"Holy holy holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!"
Isaiah 6:3

David gave us the picture of the Seraphs singing constantly. When we are watching TV, they are praising God's holiness. When we lay our head down at night, they are praising God's holiness. When we praise God in church or in our car, we are actually joining them in praising God.

What an amazing picture and yet humbling. I know God has put us on this earth and we have to sleep, but how much of our time is wasted while we should be praising God?!? Am I taking advantage of the fact God allows me unlimited access to praise and talk and glorify Him??

Just something to think about. I know I need to remember that God isn't just a loving Father who knows my every thought, BUT ALSO a HUGE, POWERFUL, GLORIOUS God who made this universe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment