9.02.2010

Focused

Have you ever seen a mom put her hands on the outside of her child's eyes to make sure the child is ONLY looking at her? It is similar to how someone cups their hands like binoculars so they can see something far off. Sometimes that is the only way a child will truly focus on what you are saying. I know I already am in the habit of saying 'Mason look at me' just so he will stop being distracted. Do you have that picture in your head??

That is how I want to be with my Jesus. I have realized that although I am in ministry I can be easily distracted. Whether it is how other people are serving, how other ministries are succeeding, how God is blessing or using or whatever. There are so many things in this world that are good but not best to think about. I want to picture Jesus' hands on my face saying, "Kari focus. Stop looking at what is going on around us and just focus on me. I will show you what you need to do... nothing more or less." My life would be peaceful. There would be no discontentment, doubt, worries, etc. God is the only One I would be focused on, therefore I would be doing His will for my life. It is an intimate picture and also a huge task to keep my eyes from looking around me. It's a new challenge I am praying will stay ingrained in my head and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment