3.06.2011

Bad Wife...Wonderful Husband (Date 33)

It's true. I feel like a horrible wife because I am so super busy with my three classes and work that I have not been helping with our floors/painting or fixing dinner. Drew says it's not a big deal, he knows I'm not being lazy while he is working hard but I still feel horrible. SOOO date night this week consisted of me making dinner and him NOT helping. I wouldn't let him in the kitchen! 

I have got some amazing cookbooks and never have the time to try out the recipes! I tried Pioneer Woman's " Marlboro Man's Sandwich" and it was a huge success! Drew LOVED it, (even if he did say I would be smelling it later on. I guess that's the sign of a good meal?) It was a cube steak sandwich with all sorts of seasonings and I made fresh green beans with some brown sugar, butter, olive oil, salt and pepper.  DELISH! We are both obsessed with those green beans, which are supposed to be similar to Outback's, and eat them probably once every week and 1/2. Unfortunately green beans are not in season right now.

Anyway, dinner was a hit and after I spilled half of the leftovers all over the kitchen floor... bummer... we ran some errands. We are looking for some odds and ends for our house (dining room table, shelf for by the door, rugs...) and I have been craving some Coldstone ice cream. :) Cake batter ice cream with some cookie dough chunks hit. the. spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment