3.15.2011

Toilet Seat anyone?? (Date 33) & some budget talk

Date 33 consisted of many things. Last Friday, once all my school work was done, Drew and I went out of the town. What does a night out with Drew and Kari look like some of you may be wondering??

Well, we ate dinner, but I refused to eat to much because I was majorly craving some movie popcorn. :) Yes it is a TOTAL waste of money, but we now have a date night budget so we splurged a tad.

{Speaking of which, I think it is going to work out really well for us... the whole date night allowance. I set a specific amount of money aside and we use that anytime we eat out as our date night, or bowl, or go to a movie, get ice cream, rent a movie, etc... Once it's gone, well, a free activity will be on the agenda for the next date. That way, an occasional movie does not make me feel as guilty. I also gave myself and Drew an allowance. We eat get the same amount of money each month that we can spend it guilt free. It isn't a lot but you can save it and spend it on whatever you want. I don't have to feel guilty about wanting a new shirt, and Drew can buy yet another disc without me looking at him with the "don't you have enough of those yet?" look. If I want to buy Drew a random gift or if he wants to buy me flowers, it comes out of that money as well. We have always felt like receiving gifts once we were married isn't that special. Now that it is out of our own money I think it will mean way more. :) Birthday's and Christmas are not included. Now, I'm sure we will tweak these new ideas but I am excited about the idea of them both!}

Now back to our date. After we ate we headed to Lowes. We seem to live at Lowes these days but we are desperately trying to finish our house! I picked out some rugs, which I have already returned.* I then went to the toilet seats because ours has bit the dust. Which is a shame because it was one of those comfy ones, but we replaced it with a boring one. Who broke the seat? I'm not at liberty to say, well really I don't know but it was most definitely cracked. 

*My dad told me the other day that he isn't indecisive, he just likes to exhaust all options before he decides. I think that definitely describes me. Although Drew would stick with the fact I'm exhausting because I'm indecisive.

We then headed to the movie theater were we bumped into our buddy Lewis. I FINALLY met his fiance Christine. I approve. :) Not that he needed it.

Over all it was a fun evening out, relaxing and productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment