3.25.2011

It's not looking good...

*Sigh*   Welp, it isn't looking good for either one of our brackets due to the fact Duke lost Thursday night... I won't go into details, but our house was very somber last night, and someone was up extremely late (or earlier depending how you look at it) last night playing videos games to get his mind off of how poorly Duke played the second half. Okay, so I was up til almost 2 as well, but that is because I was bawling my eyes out while finishing Karen Kingsbury's book "Summer". Shesh it was depressing, and yet so encouraging spiritually it's just. plain. weird. ANYWAY, both of my teams I pick for the final game are out, so I REALLY need Kansas to lose, like now. Sorry Kansas but I want to pick our upcoming dates. Priorities here people!!

To be honest I am not really sure why I care so much about picking the dates. According to the rules that were in place, Drew only had to plan once a month, and I got to plan the rest unless he wanted to. So why have I not been taking advantage of that power??? It goes back to that thought on compromise ever since we got married. Drew and I used to take turns watching chick flicks/ horror/guy movies because well, I guess we were just so in love it didn't matter. Not that we aren't in love now, we just don't have to watch things we don't want to just to see the other person. Does that make sense? So I guess the same goes with the dates. Of course the main reason was that it was winter and dates are more difficult, but I think the other reason was that we compromised. We would do what we both liked, instead of taking turns doing what each other liked. Well, that's going to change. I'm not going to be that boring wife that won't do something because it's boring or dumb, I'm going to do it because I love him and he wants me to....

Even though I just confessed all of that, I still would rather do my dates first... So if I win, the plan right now is...

dancing lessons
breakfast at Tudor's Biscuit World and then going to all my cutsie shops, walking hand in hand downtown.. :)
painting our bathroom... again... because I hate the color yellow we painted it and have since we did it.
?
[side note: it occurred to me the other day that when we put our 'allowence' in the budget, we also put dating money in there as well. Which means we have an allotted amount to spend on dates. Which means the reason we didn't repaint was for money reasons, but if that's a date we can use that money. Hence why it is my date choice... that and it is the only way it will get done.]

If I loose...

Red Sox game against the Braves' team... I think they are the Pelicans?
Disc Golf, of course.
Brookside Golf.
?

Personally, I think that they all sound like a fun way to spend the spring together. YAY for being married to your best friend. It sure is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment