3.21.2011

Much needed time away

This past week, AKA 'spring break' AKA supposed to be relaxing AKA an emotional roller coaster, was crazy busy and crazy challenging thankfully, Friday we were able to head to Winston-Salem to help my sister and brother-in-law move into a wonderful new place. Friday Drew and I were able take that wonderful 2 hour drive to catch up with each other and refresh both our relationship to each other and encourage each other with our Jesus. During those 2 hours I did accidentally drop my i pod in a cup of kool aid. I know, why would there be an open cup of kool aid in my car? Dumb. I think that it survived the dunking, but it has a random message that pops up and takes awhile before it leaves the screen. It plays music though! Nevertheless, it was a gorgeous day for a drive and we went to the mall where we perused with no agenda.  
ahhh the bliss.

We were going to head to Chili's when the mall closed, but I received a "Are you going to be here in 30 minutes, because we will be home from seeing Barney, and your niece is very excited to see you." Who can resist that?? :) So we grabbed chick fil a and headed to snuggle my babies!

The next morning we weren't in a huge hurry so some quality time with the kiddos were had. Drew was able to go play disc golf and then we ate lunch and got to work.

My dear niece is a genius. She is adorable, smart, sweet, hyper, sensitive, and simply put - wonderful. She would come up to me and say "I gun getchu!" While she wiggled her fingers closer and closer until they were scratching my cheeks. Priceless.

We spent some time carrying heavy things and Audrey got increasingly more worried that we were carrying away her toys.




What an exhausting and yet wonderful time!



No comments:

Post a Comment