3.24.2011

God is worth serving, even through seemingly impossible situations

I have been challenged in many areas of my life lately and as a result the topic of serving Christ without wavering no matter what that means has been constantly coming to mind. 

I am called to follow Him. period. Whether times are going amazingly well, or times seem to be taking 'wrong turns' constantly, I am to be a bond-servant to Christ. I am to deny my self ( my personal motives, desires, and comforts) in order that God gets 100% of the glory in every situation I go through.

For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bond servant of Christ. * Galatians 1:10

 I was studying John last semester and the very last chapter talks about a personal conversation Jesus and Peter have. After Jesus basically telling Peter that his life will be hard and he will die because of his witness for Jesus, Peter looks over at John and says what about him?? Peter is concerned about what other people's life is going to look at. He wants to know if John is going to have to die for Jesus. Jesus simply says "What is it to you? YOU follow me!" Ouch. how many times is that us? How often do we look at what another person's calling is? We look as see how God is using them and wonder why God isn't using us in that way. That is not the point of being a Christ follower. We each have a unique plan mapped out for our lives that only God knows. We are to simply follow Him, no matter where that might lead!

It is hard to stand up for what you know is right. It is difficult to be disliked and disrespected and hated. Paul was beaten, mocked, stoned, shipwrecked. He knew that following Jesus wasn't going to be easy. but he knew....that God's love is worth fighting for.

"In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world!" - John 16

Drew and I were driving home for Winston-Salem last weekend while listening to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Love" CD. There is a song called "Moment made for worshipping." Some of the lyrics include....

"every moment that we live and breathe, this is a moment made for worshiping. From the rising of the sun, to the setting of the sun. The name of the Lord, is worthy to be praised."

Question is, are we finding reason to worship God every second of every day? He deserves that no matter what comes our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment